Tuition With European Gay Ski Week
Ski & Snowboard School
- Passholders Only - The ski school classes will be made up entirely of European Gay Ski Week Passholders. Non passholders are not allowed to join these classes.
- Small Classes - Maximum number of people in each group: 9 people. This optimises learning time and ensures close attention is paid to all group members. These classes are subject to a minimum of 5 people per class and in exceptional circumstances the classes may have 10 participants. If there are 4 or less people in a particular ability class you will be transferred to a general ski school class of the same ability or offered a full refund.
- Late Start - We know you like to go out in the evenings so classes start later than usual with Non beginners @ 10:00 and Beginners @ 10:30. giving you time to get up and have breakfast without rushing.
- Beginners - Classes start 10:30 Sunday and run through to Thursday. Two hours every morning, two hours for lunch at our Lunchtime meeting place and two hours in the afternoon
- Classes 1 to 4 - Start on Monday morning giving you a chance to get your ski legs back before the start of your class. Morning only lessons - allowing you time to socialise and enjoy a leisurely lunch on the mountain, prior to sloping off to play with your friends.
- Off Piste Masterclass - Starts Tuesday morning, we recommend you join either our fast or super fast hosted groups for Sunday and Monday before joining the Masterclass. To join the Off Piste Masterclass we would recommend that you can Ski all pistes including blacks confidently however during very tricky conditions such as low visibility or ice you may find black runs more challenging.
When choosing your ski school lessons book the class you think best applies to your ability. Your instructor, having evaluated your ability, may advise moving you to a different class that best suits your needs.
SKI & SNOWBOARD CLASSES
|BEGINNERS CLASS||Beginner||You have never skied before, it is time for you to learn the skiing fundamentals, and feel your first sliding sensations.|
|CLASS 1||Completed Beginners Class||You know how to take a ski lift, do snow-plough turns on a GREEN slope. Learn how to turn with more confidence and improve until you reach parallel skiing.|
|CLASS 2||Low Intermediate||You sideslip and do long curves turning with parallel skis. You feel comfortable on BLUE slopes. Improve, get the right rhythm and confidence.|
|CLASS 3||Intermediate||You know how to parallel turn on every kind of slope, it is now time to master all curves, large turns, and wedeln(short fall line turns).|
|CLASS 4||Advanced||You go from small curves to long turns on all kind of slopes. You will discover new areas and all types of snow. You will go off-piste and practice slalom.|
|OFF PISTE MASTERCLASS||Advanced||This 3 day Off Piste Masterclass is based on developing your technical ability to ski various off piste conditions safely and with confidence. During the course you will receive training with transceiver/shovel/probe, safe travel skills and knowledge to improve your mountain awareness.|
TIMES & PRICES
|BEGINNERS CLASS||Ski or Snowboard||2 hours every morning (10:30 - 12:30) &
2 hours every afternoon (14:30 - 16:30)
|Sunday - Thursday
1 - 4
2 hours 45 minutes each morning
Class 1 -2:
Class 3 - 4:
|Monday - Friday
|SNOWBOARD CLASS||Non-Beginners||2 hours 45 minutes each morning
(10:00 - 12:45)
|Monday - Friday
|Advanced||4 hours per day including a break for lunch
(10:00 - 14:00)
|Tuesday - Thursday