What would you say the main selling points of EGSW are?
• EGSW is the worlds only roaming gay ski week, using the worlds most famous resorts as bases.
• Over the years our resorts have included Tignes(where the concept was conceived), Alpe D’Huez, Avoriaz, Les Menuires and Les Arcs.
• We have over 35 different nationalities attending each year.
• 60% of our crowd have attended the event more than once.
Can I attend the event alone?
• We have a large amount of solo travellers attending each year. We structure our shared accommodation packages in order to encourage and directly cater for individuals over the week.
• We have continual feedback from solo travellers who’ve enjoyed the experience and ended up leaving with a large international network of friends.
Where in the world do most the guests come from?
• The main countries are guests come from are currently the UK (20%), France (20%), Belgium (10%), USA (10%), Netherlands (10%), Germany (10%). The remaining 20% make up a collection of 30+ other countries around the world including Russia, Brazil, South Africa and Israel.
Do I need to get an event pass to experience EGSW?
• An Event Pass is needed to access our events and is integral to enjoying the full EGSW experience.
• We do offer access to individual events but it’s far more cost effective to purchase a full pass in advance of the event (the earlier you book the cheaper the price). Learn more about our event pass here.
What are Snow Miles and how do I earn them?
• Snow Miles are points awarded to EGSW customers which can be redeemed against the cost of your event pass or spent of a selection of our events.
• They are generated from the total paid on any advance purchases from EGSW amd will automatically be credited to your account.
• More information about Snow Miles can be found here.
PARTIES & EVENTS
What is the format of the evening events?
• Simple really, we cherry pick the best venues in our resort, privatise them and create awesome parties.
• There’s an option of at least two parties each night, sometimes three.
• The evening parties start at 10pm with the After Hours finishing at 5am.
• We have a nightly Cabaret event from 21:30 finishing at midnight.
• The Pool Party happens on the Tuesday and runs between 21:00 & 00:30.
What sort of music is played at the events?
• We select renowned events from across the world and invite them to the event. These parties are leaders in their fields and cover a wide range of music genres.
• We ensure there’s a mix of music catering for all tastes with a particular emphasis on good pop and party classics.
Are the evening events exclusively for EGSW guests?
• If there’s space we do sell tickets on the venue door but this only happens once we’re confident all event pass holders, who are likely to arrive have arrived.
• It’s worth noting that generally our evening events do reach capacity so entrance for non-pass holders cannot be guaranteed.
The pool party is sold out, can I get tickets somehow?
• The pool party is very popular but we always have drop-outs. If there are tickets available I’d suggest purchasing them before they sell out. If there are none available the next best option is to get on the waiting list.
What are the best features of The Paradiski Area?
• It is the 2nd biggest linked ski area in the world.
• 70% of the skiing is above 2000m (which is very high!).
• It’s a ‘snow sure’ region meaning you are guaranteed skiing/boarding regardless of the conditions.
• There is a total of 435km of pistes in the area with over 135km more skiing then the Tignes and Val d’Isere area.
• The longest piste is the Aguille Rouge; a non-stop run lasting a whopping 16km’s.
• There are 37 black runs in the region.
• There are two Snow Parks, 4 waterslides and 4 toboggan runs.
What if I’ve never skied before?
• There is just as much, if not more fun to be had as a beginner then there is an expert.
• Our exclusive EGSW ski school is, according to continuous feedback one of the most fun experiences of the trip.
• There will always be other customers of a similar level meaning the experience will be shared and lots of fun had.
What’s going on for non-skiers?
• Not to worry if you don’t ski or board, there are a ton of other activities to get involved with.
• We’ve listed a range of activities on our website, here.
• There are lots of pedestrian walkways taking you all over the region where you can enjoy the magnificent views of the area. We highly recommend the Aiguille Rouge Excursion where you can take in the extraordinary view of the French, Swiss and Italian Alps.
What are the hosted ski/board groups?
• Hosted groups are an EGSW activity run exclusively for our guests.
• Depending on your level you join a group with an ‘EGSW Snow Host’ who takes you out on the mountain for the day.
• Each day your Snow Host takes you to a different restaurant for lunch, often accompanied by other Snow Host groups.
• Hosted groups are for experienced skiers/boarding only.
I’ve already booked but I want to add another activity, is this possible?
• You are able to login into your booking and add activities at any time.
• We offer phone support via our French and UK office during regular working hours if you need assistance.
What are the important things I need to consider when travelling to the resort?
• We do not provide flights or trains as part of the EGSW package. This is so you can take advantage of the plethora of options available to you for travel.
• The easiest, cheapest and most fun way to get to Les Arcs from Geneva airport is to jump on board one of our EGSW bus transfers.
• Our transfers leave Geneva airport every hour between 12 & 6pm on the 23rd March (arrival day).
• It’s recommended that you leave no less than 45-60 minutes from your flights arrival time to the departure of your coach.
• The travel time by road from Geneva to Les Arcs is approximately 3 hrs.
If coming by train what should I consider?
• The ‘Ski Train’ operated by Eurostar is a fantastic way to shoot across to Bourg St Maurice. Check out the timetable on the Eurostar website.
• Getting to Arc 1600 only takes 7 minutes by funicular.
• From Arc 1960 free inter-resort shuttle buses link all villages including our host vill’s of 1950 & 2000.
• Check out our travel section for more details.